IIT Madras: Students qualifying their JEE Advanced Exam in 2022 or 2023 are eligible to appear for the course in the foundation level.
IIT Madras has extended the application deadline for its four-year BS (Electronic Systems) program. This unique program, which was introduced in June, is tailored to meet industry-specific needs and skill requirements.
Unlike B Tech courses, you don’t need to take the JEE exam to apply for this program. If you have completed Class 12 with Physics and Mathematics, you are eligible to apply, regardless of your age, role, or location.
The new application deadline is August 27, so if you meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in pursuing a career in Electronic Systems, make sure to submit your application before the closing date. This program offers a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and skills in a specialized field without the need for JEE scores.
The IIT Madras exams for the BS in Electronic Systems program will be conducted offline, meaning students will need to take the exams in a physical classroom setting. Once students successfully complete the 4-year course, they will be awarded the degree of BS in Electronic Systems by IIT Madras.
To gain admission to the Foundation level of the program, all regular entry applicants will need to go through a qualifier process, which includes four weeks of coursework. During these four weeks, students will need to submit weekly assignments for grading in each course. At the end of the four weeks, a qualifier exam will be conducted for eligible candidates.
The IIT Madras program aims to provide learners with access to a world-class curriculum in Electronic Systems and equip them with the knowledge and skills needed for a successful career in this field. The combination of online and in-person learning experiences ensures a comprehensive and well-rounded educational experience for the students.
IIT Madras BS in Electronic Systems Instructions
IIT Madras will deliver the course content for their program online, taught by their faculty. However, quizzes, lab sessions, and exams will be conducted in person. Here are some key details:
- Applications for the first batch will open soon, and the deadline is June 20, 2023.
- The qualifier process consists of four weeks of courses and assignments.
- The qualifier exams will also be in person, proctored, and held in over 150 cities across India and abroad.
- Students who achieve the minimum required scores in the weekly assignments during the four weeks will be eligible to write the qualifier exam based on that content.
- Those who score well in the qualifier exam can continue with the program, while others may need to reappear for the qualifier process.
- Participants can exit the program at three levels: foundational level with a certificate, diploma level with a diploma, or the BS degree level with a certificate.
- Professionals who wish to reskill can also enroll in the course.