UGC releases the list of 20 fake universities including the universities of Delhi, UP, Maharashtra. Check the complete list mentioned below.
As the new academic session approaches, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has published a list of universities labeled as “fake” by them. This year, there are 20 universities on the list that do not have the authority to grant any degrees. Among them, eight are located in Delhi.
The UGC has observed that these institutions are offering degrees in violation of the UGC Act. Any degrees awarded by these universities will not be recognized or considered valid for further education or employment. It’s important to be cautious about these universities as they lack the authority to confer legitimate degrees. UGC secretary, Manish Joshi, has issued a warning about the same.
The list of universities labeled as “fake” includes institutions from various states. Delhi has eight such universities, Uttar Pradesh has four, Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal have two each, and Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, and Puducherry each have one.
The universities in Delhi that have been identified as “fake” are All India Institute of Public and Physical Health Sciences, Commercial University Ltd in Daryaganj, United Nations University, Vocational University, ADR-Centric Juridical University, Indian Institution of Science and Engineering, Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment, and Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University).
Uttar Pradesh has four universities listed as “fake” by UGC: Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open university), and Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad. Apart from Uttar Pradesh, the states of Karnataka, Maharashtra, Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, and Kerala also have universities labeled as “fake” according to UGC.
UGC advises students to be cautious and check the details of universities before taking admission to avoid getting into any trouble. If anyone comes across any university or institution offering academic programs against the UGC Act, they can report it to UGC via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and appropriate action will be taken against such institutions, as stated by them.
Here is the complete list of 20 universities identified as “Fake” by them:
Christ New Testament Deemed University, Kakumanuvarithoto, Guntur, AP-522002
Bible Open University of India, N.G.O’s Colony, Visakhapatnam, AP-530016
3. All India Institute of Public & Physical Health Sciences (AIIPHS), Alipur, Delhi-110036
4. Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi
5. United Nations University, Delhi
6. Vocational University, Delhi
7. ADR-Centric Juridical University, Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110 008
8. Indian Institute of Science and Engineering, New Delhi
9. Vishwakarma Open University for Self-Employment, GTK Depot, Delhi-110033
10. Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University), Rithala, Rohini, Delhi-110085
11. Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka
12. St. John’s University, Kishanattam, Kerala
13. Raja Arabic University, Nagpur, Maharashtra
14. Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, Thilaspet, Puducherry-605009
15. Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad, UP
16. National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur, UP
17. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Aligarh, UP
18. Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad, Lucknow, UP – 227 105
19. Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkata
20. Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research, Thakurpur, Kolkata – 700063